Fourth Neighborhood Preservation Summit set for May 1
Registration and award nominations are now open
While we won’t be able to host the Neighborhood Preservation Summit in person on May 1, we will be hosting a virtual Summit! You will still be able to participate in 4 webinars presented by each of the BEST committees. The webinars will be staggered throughout the day so you will be able to watch them all on May 1. We still plan to have the Awards Ceremony later in the year at Northside HS and will be in touch soon regarding a rescheduled date.
The Neighborhood Preservation Summit is a semiannual event (every 18 months) hosted by the Blight Elimination Steering Team to bring community members together to explore our progress and the future of Memphis neighborhoods. This event features workshops surrounding the work done by each committee of BEST and how this work is applicable to the greater Memphis community. This event offers an opportunity to hear from city and county officials about their aspirations for the Memphis community, as well as a keynote speaker with an interesting perspective on the issue of neglected property.
For those interested in revitalizing and empowering Memphis neighborhoods, there is a seat for you at this year’s Neighborhood Preservation Summit. Join us on May 1 for a virtual Summit!
How to attend the Virtual Memphis Neighborhood Preservation Summit
- View the Summit Agenda to learn more about the webinars
- RSVP for the webinar sessions you wish to attend on the here
- Add the sessions to your calendar or day planner
- Click on the webinar link on May 1 and join the session
Later this year we will host an Awards Ceremony at Northside HS celebrating the accomplishments of individuals, organizations, and communities across Memphis. Stay tuned for an announcement of when this ceremony will be held!
Summit Award Descriptions
- The Leadership Impact Award is given to an individual who has consistently performed exceptional work over a number of years to successfully and sustainably reduce blight in our community.
- The Grassroots Leader of the Year Award is awarded to an individual working at the neighborhood level whose efforts are reducing blight in our community.
- The Residential Property of the Year is a single-family home, duplex, apartment building, or other residential dwelling that is being maintained at a very high level and whose aesthetics are improving the quality of life throughout the rest of the neighborhood.
- The Commercial Property of the Year is a commercial building, such as a retail storefront, or office building, that is making a clear and positive difference to the aesthetics, livability, and safety in its area.
- The Law Student of the Year is awarded to the student whose work and dedication as a student in the Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law is above reproach.
- The Neighborhood Acheivement Award
- The President’s Award is awarded to an individual who the Chairman of the Board of Director for Neighborhood Preservation, Inc. believes has contributed substantially to the improvement and advancement of Memphis neighborhoods
- The Chairman’s Award is presented to an individual who the Chairman of the Board of Director for Neighborhood Preservation, Inc. believes has contributed substantially to the improvement and advancement of Memphis neighborhoods
The nominations portal is now closed. Thank you to everyone who nominated an individual or organization for an award, stay tuned to hear who the winners are!
View the 2018 award winners here.